UNIVERSITY OF ST. MARTIN
Boulevard • P.O. Box 836 • Philipsburg • St. Maarten • Netherlands Antilles
Telephone: (599) 542-51711542-31561542-3674
• Fax: (599) 542-5226
Website: www.usmonline.net • Email: email@example.com
University of St. Maarten Foundation
October October 11-13, 2006
We thank you for your contribution to the conference.
1. Introduce yourself and welcome the audience.
2. Introduce each speaker, noting presentation title and other information provided by the
3. Encourage audience to take center seats, particularly when the room is at capacity, if
4. Request the audience to speak clearly when asking questions. If a microphone is being used,
ask the audience not to start asking their question until they have the microphone.
5. Keep program on schedule.
keynote speech –
each speaker will have 45 minutes for presentation and 15 minutes for Q&A.
* This is applicable only to Tuesday,
October 10 and Wednesday, October 11 at the Cultural Center.
each speaker will have 20 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for Q&A.
* This is applicable to Thursday, October
12 and Friday, October 13 at the USM.
If the session gets ahead of schedule, do one or more of the following:
· Solicit questions from the audience
· Take a break
7. Please arrive at your designated session room at least 10 minutes prior to the session
start time. Notify the organizers or the assigned ambassadors of the university (students) of any equipment problems.
Cutting off a presentation: If a speaker reaches the time limit with no indication of closure, you may have to intervene.
A subtle note passed to the speaker is often effective. If not, you may need to be more direct. Hint: A positive intervention is better than
9. Wrap Up: At the end of the session, thank the speaker for the presentation and the audience for its participation.